Wednesday 11 September 2013

GETTING HUNKERED DOWN FOR A LONG WINTER Part 1 of 3


Go to Part 2.
Go to Part 3.


I have a chronic illness which has no effective treatment although I take medication which reduces a number of the symptoms.

I thank God that the SNP Scottish Government removed prescription charges

I thank God that the SNP Scottish Government removed prescription charges as being charged anything at the moment would be too much, and I would have had to forgo some if not all of my medication as a result.

I was too ill to appeal although the DWP and ATOS said I was 100% fine

I am fortunate I know to have worked for getting on for 20 years allowing me to pay into a UK system which I thought was there to care for me when the worst happens. It seems in that respect I was somewhat naïve, as I have been left with no income whatsoever several times during my illness as I was too ill I to appeal the decision stating that in the DWPs or ATOS’ opinion I was 100% fine.



When I was working I saved money allowing to graduate my disappearance into poverty caused by my illness

Throughout the years I was working I saved money allowing me to graduate my disappearance into poverty, although almost throughout I have been penalised for saving when working as my benefits were reduced as a result. Now my savings are nearly all gone and therefore this worry is passed despite my best efforts to stem the ever outward flow.



The meagre amount of money from the DWP and ESA comes across as a punishment for being ill

It comes across as a punishment for becoming ill getting the small amount of money from the DWP in Employment and Support Allowance (although at least at present I am getting it!).

I am expected to run my house on a little over £100 per week. Out of that I require to keep the roof over my head, pay the factor, pay for food, travel, the water part of my Council Tax, electricity, etc.



On a yearly basis the UK Govt. and their well paid servants ATOS, threaten to take this meagre amount of money away from me

On a yearly basis the UK Government, and their well paid servants ATOS, threaten to take this meagre amount of money away from me and force me onto Job Seekers Allowance which is even less, and is designed for well people looking for jobs. I would love to get a job, and I am constantly trying to think of a job which I can do whilst ill (being a blogger is not well paid, I am currently in credit by £0, although I do hope for some pin money hence the ads on this site – I get paid if somebody is kind enough to press the link on one of them – although I am rather ashamed of needing/wanting to have them here, as my country must come before me particularly on this occasion). 

NB: Below image applies to the UK as a whole.



Over the last 5 years my electricity bill has doubled whilst my energy use has halved

I am currently preparing for another miserable winter. Over the last 5 years my electricity bill has doubled whilst my energy use has halved (I know I am not the only one to have this problem!). In several parts of last winter the warmest room in my house was 12 degrees Celsius and I have hot water a few days a week. The bills are so high I am frightened to put my electric storage heater heating on. In a country as energy and resource rich as Scotland surely by anyone’s standards this is scandal.


Go to Part 2.Go to Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment